Established in 1980, Akern is one of the worldwide leading manufacturers of bio-impedance instruments for clinical and professional use. Over 30 years of experience in body composition analysis, more than 30,000 sold BIA devices, and state of the art technology laid the impressive foundation for all current Akern BIA products. Thousands physicians are relying on Akern Systems instrumentation. Their success has proved to be the right choice.
BIA 101 Anniversary
The most advanced development within the Akern family of Bio-impedance Analyzers, the BIA 101 Anniversary features the unique combination of whole body and segmental analysis including a bilateral, side-by-side comparison of extremities.
Introduced at the 25th anniversary of its legendary predecessor, the Akern BIA 101, the BIA 101 Anniversary impresses with top accuracy and resolution, best suited for clinical and scientific applications. In addition to classical whole body composition analysis, BIA 101 Anniversary offers a segmental determination of body compartments and a side-by-side comparison of the extremities allowing objective therapy control and training guidance (fostering of bilateral muscle growth, avoidance of asymmetrical development).
Incorporating the most modern electronic design based on more than 30 years of experience in BIA technology, BIA 101 Anniversary offers an unprecedented accuracy in BIA analysis. The integration of signal processing provides an immediate display of BIA results, in addition to PC based evaluation.
BIA 101 Anniversary is accompanied by a complete program package, BodyGram PRO software for whole body analysis and BIASCAN® PRO software for segmental analysis.
Especially appreciated in acute care medicine, the instrument also allows an instantaneous assessment of the clinical most relevant BIA parameters by ‘Soft Tissue Analysis’ without entry of any data, directly read off the integrated instrument display, without the need of a PC.
- Sports medicine
- Sports science
- Clinical and scientific research
- Whole body analysis of body composition
- Additional segmental analysis with
- Bilateral comparison
- Comparison of arm/leg – right/left
- Upper and lower body
- Soft Tissue Analysis without entry of patient data
- Direct display of body composition results
- Unique evaluation of nutritional and hydration state by BiaVector® and BiaGram®
Comprehensive Body Composition Analysis
- Resistance (Rz) in Ohms
- Reactance (XC) in Ohms
- Phase angle in degrees
- Body Cell Mass in kilograms and percent (BCM)
- Total Body Water in liters and percent (TBW)
- Extra Cellular Water in liters and percent (ECW)
- Intra Cellular Water in liters and percent (ICW)
- Fat Mass in kilograms and percent (FM)
- Fat Free Mass in kilograms and percent (FFM)
- Muscle Mass in kilograms and percent (MM)
- Sodium Potassium Exchange (Na/K)
- Basal Metabolic Rate in kilocalories and kilojoules (BMR)
- Body Mass Index and Body Cell Mass Index
Additional advanced evaluation
- BiaVector® evaluation of nutrition and hydration state
- BiaGram® differential evaluation of hydration
Segmental Analysis with Bodyscan Pro
- Right and left arm
- Right and left leg
- Right and left body side
- Upper and lower body
Soft Tissue Analysis
Without entry of personal data, instantaneous display of:
- BCM in kgs
- RDNA in kJ and kcal